Excuses I have heard
Within Modern Jive
- No thank you
- I've just changed my shoes
- We're just going now
- I promised the next dance to someone else
- I have to go to the Lavatory
- (No answer - completely ignored)
- (A scowl)
- (A turn away)
- (No answer, with flared nostrils)
- (No answer, with looks down their nose)
- "Can't you see I'm resting?" (Gay chap's rude comment classic)
- Help me out here folks, have I forgotten any?
No refusals (so far!)- You see, it didn't just happen to you - we all have had most of "the experience"...
- Ken Royden