Murphy's Laws of Tango
27th February 2009
- You are not superman
- If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
- When in doubt, move in a circle.
- If still in doubt, stop.
- Never dance with anyone braver than you are.
- If your tanda is going really well, the DJ will start messing with the endings
- No sequence survives the first musical phrase intact.
- The important things are always simple.
- The simple things are always hard.
- The easy way is always a trap.
- If no-one around you has floorcraft, you're no longer dancing.
- Incoming heels have the right of way.
- If another women is close enough for you to kick her, SO ARE YOU.
- Sequences that must be together to work usually won't.
- Moves will fail as soon as you need them desperately.
- Anything you do can get you kicked-including doing nothing.
- The only thing more dangerous to you than another woman's heels are the heels on the woman you're dancing with.
- If you take more than your fair share of floorspace, you will have more than your fair share to take.
- When both dancers are convinced the music sucks, they're both right.
- Professional dancers are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs.
- Christopher O' Shea, 27th February 2009